ghost fluids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1koerner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey guys/gals maybe ya'll can help me lately my expo is doin something weird I drive between tx & sc a good bit I always change my oil on time well last time I made the trip I checked my fluids b4 I left checked them when I got here everything is still good then I got up the other day to wash and wax my truck check it over ect and when I checked my oil gone nothing on the dip stick now there is no oil spots in the drive way no smoke from the pipes and no oil in my coolant any ideas where the hell it went thanks

ps truck runs fine and it didn't kick on the low oil light after I refilled it oil shows on the dip stick like its supposed to

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i know on my brothers civic a few years ago he had an oil change done and the oil filter was cracked. Lost all the oil on his drive home. Might be a possibility.

OP
OP
1koerner

1koerner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its possible tallsville but I would think there would b a sign of it leaking spots runoff drips something

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Add more oil to get it back up on the dipstick, then let it run till its warm and check for leaks then. Sometimes it only leaks when the system is pressurized.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Not trying to insult and I know I am stating the obvious but the truck is on level ground each time its checked and has sit long enough for oil to drain back into pan after shutdown??

Other than that it obviously has to be leaking or burning oil. How many miles between the times it was checked? Burning say 1 quart of oil every 1,000 miles, its doubtful you would see any smoke. Leaks do not always leave evidence on driveway because most leaks only do so while you are driving. Usually have evidence somewhere under vehicle though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
1koerner

1koerner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not trying to insult and I know I am stating the obvious but the truck is on level ground each time its checked and has sit long enough for oil to drain back into pan after shutdown??

Other than that it obviously has to be leaking or burning oil. How many miles between the times it was checked? Burning say 1 quart of oil every 1,000 miles, its doubtful you would see any smoke. Leaks do not always leave evidence on driveway because most leaks only do so while you are driving. Usually have evidence somewhere under vehicle though.

no insult taken lol but yes my parents have a very level driveway and i agree that it could only be losing when driving so i pressure washed the entire under carriage while it was on a lift drove 30 miles using different driving characteristics (hard accelerating/braking /turning then driving it normally ect) nothing as for amount /mileage it varies if that makes sense i drove it from texas to SC no oil on dipstick drove from SC to FL and then back to TX no problem it was still full the weird thing is when there is almost no oil on the stick it doesnt kick off the oil light all the time it did it 1 time before and it was 2 qts low so im lost im thinking im just gonna pull the engine rebuild the entire thing and put it back in and be done with it im gonna retire if from daily duty and and make it a custom show/sound vehicle