going on a 2,200 mile trip soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Moose,

Come on, I took the time to make the sig file, I hoped it would be read.... J/K.

2017 with 3.73. You're right about the oil change at every 5 - 7.5k is much cheaper than a new engine and much less of a hassle than the walnut shell blasting.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Cullinan what the heck is a sig file? I'm just a 45 year in the Auto/ motorcycle repair business stubborn Moose! I spend way too much time on the net, and this website. This site is addictive. So what did I miss?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Vancouver Bob

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Cullinan what the heck is a sig file? I'm just a 45 year in the Auto/ motorcycle repair business stubborn Moose! I spend way too much time on the net, and this website. This site is addictive. So what did I miss?

Ha ha... I think he was referring to the details people add to their profile that shows up below their post in sort of greyed out text... Cullinan18's sig says..

2017 Ford Expedition Limited, 4WD, 3.73, 301A, BLIS, Rear Load Level, Capts, Ruby Red

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what his come on Moose comment was all about. He asked and was answered about dealer up sells, and asked for recommendations for his trip. We all gave our personal do's and dont's. Mine was no fix a flat, and diligent services. Oh well, everyone's got an opinion, that's what makes this forum great!

OP
OP
C

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Moose,

The come on was about not seeing the details of my Expy at the bottom of my message. I was just rattling your chain I'm nearly 42, so we're in the same boat.

Yes, I appreciate your input about Fix-A-Flat. It's kept for GD emergencies only

OP
OP
C

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First 600 miles in from MO to OH and computer averaged 21.4 mpg driving at speed limits. 2 adults, 2 kids, and a bunch of stuff.

OP
OP
C

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We just got back from our trip and ended up a little over 2,700 miles . The drive from MO to CT was pretty decent mileage, but driving locally around CT, NJ, and NY ate into the computer claimed mpg. The drive back from Long Island helped pick up the mileage again, but we still settled just shy of 20 mpg. Based on the effortless power, plenty of room for people and cargo, and surprisingly comfortable ride for a body on frame, I'm thrilled. Much better choice to drive on this trip compared to my wife's much more fuel efficient Forester..

20180604_163555.jpg

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. That's great mileage on a 6,000 lb vehicle. Did you use 87 octane?

We had a 2003 4cylinder Honda element that only averaged 22mpg. I thought it would have done better but it was shaped like a toaster and didn't do any better on the highway. It was very reliable and a great dog, hay & feed hauler.

I currently drive a Nissan NV200 4cylider work van that only gets 24mpg with mostly highway driving and a CV Transmission.