Going up MT Washington tommorow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to watch the transmission temps in forscan. I have 150k on the OD. But, new brakes and rotors. Overdue on a tranny fluid change ( 50k). Anything else to watch for ? .

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been up Mt. Washington on my Harley Road King and I say just the opposite. Bikers have to watch out for the SUV's whipping around the corners. Not sure if there's still gravel sections. but give the Bikers some room if so. It's a great ride though, and enjoy your trip. We were there in June (2004) and it was 39*F on top...

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been up Mt. Washington on my Harley Road King and I say just the opposite. Bikers have to watch out for the SUV's whipping around the corners. Not sure if there's still gravel sections. but give the Bikers some room if so. It's a great ride though, and enjoy your trip. We were there in June (2004) and it was 39*F on top...
I've done it both ways and I agree with you. It's a beautiful ride/drive but the morons are the problem.

OP
OP
F

Frank Wilson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, my dad wanted to go and he insisted he drive since he hadn't driven it in 40 years. It would have been my 3rd time driving it otherwise. He was white knuckled both ways. His Highlander has half my expy's years and mileage. Him driving freed me up to smack the kids when they were fighting.
Passed an Excursion with an insane lift kit on it. It was a tight squeeze.

They paved the dirt road portion this year. That was always the hairiest section. I'm kind of glad I didn't bring the Expy. 150k is still young, but she is overdue on a tranny fluid change.
No bumper sticker that says " I let my 78 yr old dad drive me up Mt. Washington "

Attachments

• 20220820_142941.jpg
    20220820_142941.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 9

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like you caught a beautiful day up there. Glad the trip went well for you. When we came down, they handed us a "This Bike Climbed Mt. Washington" sticker. It was my 50th birthday when we rode up in 2004, so I'm only 10 years behind your Dad...