got a miss. any help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryracing86

Reaction score
ok im thinking plugs but before i take it to a shop and pay money i wanted to ask. ive had a back surgery so i cant climb around and change them myself anymore. in town it runs fine(99 5.4l eb) but when i drive on hiway its fine til i get to bout 70mph. as long as i keep the footfeed kinda steady it runs fine but when i acc. it starts to missing pretty bad so i have to back out of the throttle. icould it be a throttle position sensor. what do you guys think?

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say COP. If you can, check to see if any of them are cracked on the top. Is it causing a CEL?

OP
OP
T

terryracing86

Reaction score
no CEL on. idles fine also, doesnt sound like its missing at idle. and like i said in town its fine. whats a COP? coil pack?

OP
OP
T

terryracing86

Reaction score
ok thanx. last time i had a 98 xlt and a pack went out i had a cel come on. i will have it looked at though. thanx

designit

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok thanx. last time i had a 98 xlt and a pack went out i had a cel come on. i will have it looked at though. thanx

I’ll only tell you this one time…

Your streduhusan is conflicting with the yehdelspinctin.

Ok? -- lol... (you're on the right track :Violin:)...

maballin559

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my expediton. It turned out to be a bad spark plug wire. Test your wires for resistance.

Reaction score
I had a miss on my 97 4.6l. Changed coil packs, changed plugs, changed wires. Nothing helped. Turns out the coil pack connector from the wiring harness became loose on one side and caused one plug on the coil to miss fire. Fixed that with duct tape I had in the truck.