Grinding sounds after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2016 Expedition EL 4X4 61k miles has a grinding noise coming from the driver's side front wheel after installing bilstein stocks with ~2.5" lift F150 in front and expeditions in rear. I think it may be the wheel bearing since i removed hub from the axle on the driver's side but realized I didn't need to on the passenger side. It is audible when 4wd is engaged and when it's not. Cannot hear it when manually rotating wheel on jack stands. I did have it aligned post lift. Any thoughts on troubleshooting or repairs? Replace bearing?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How on earth did you get the coil over back in without removing the axle from the hub?
I have pulled the coil overs 3 times now with Bilsteins and there is no way possible to drop the lower control arm enough without removing the axle shaft from the hub.

If it is a metallic grinding I am guess the axle did not get seated back properly.
Did you add more grease upon reinstall.

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I should have said I didn’t fully remove the axle shaft on the passenger side like I did on the driver’s. I did not regrease so I’ll give that a shot. Did you ever find UCAs that worked better than stock?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not had time to fool with it. I am likely just going to bite the bullet and get the Fox 2.0s.

If I were to buy UCAs again the SPC Arms would likely be a better choice since the balljoint mount is adjustable.