Had a boo boo last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

drtj

Reaction score
Ok got the black canister out. It has PLENTY of water in it. Where does the line go to? It looked like some type of fuel line. Does it go into tank or straight to motor? Fixing to pull plugs now.

OP
OP
D

drtj

Reaction score
Ur guess is as good as mine. I did notice that the line from it goes back into tank. It also has an electrical connection to it. It has a vent that runs into the frame.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its a charcoal canister. i had to look it up in the repair manual. i dont remember wht it dose. i did when i had auto shop a few years ago. every fuel injected car has one. its for your fuel vapor. it takes them and filters them and sends them back to the throttle body. something like that. i dont remember. umm... look it up. i do know that some cars have them right on the firewall for easy maintenance and what not. anyways it has to do with fuel and sending it into the engine. thats all i remember. that could be why u have water in ur block.

OP
OP
D

drtj

Reaction score
thanks for the info on that. I was thinking I was going to have to buy another one. I almost have the fuel tank out. I have to buy the disconnect tool. I don't know what size I need though. I pulled 2 of the plugs out & turned the motor over & no water came out. I guessing/hoping no water got in there. I am going to clean the gas tank & change the fuel filter to see if that will get it back running. If not then I will pull all the plugs. Which I really hope I don't have to. I'm also going to change the oil even though there is no water in there. Wish me luck! Oh does anyone know the size of the fuel line disconnect tool I need? Thanks for the help. I am so happy this site is mobile friendly!!

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you should be able to buy the tool at the autoparts store. it should have 2 ends on it. cant remember which one for ours. as for the gas tank, you may not have to remove it, unless you already did. when you try to start it, she turns over yes? but just doesnt wanna catch? you can try changing our fuel filter, which you are already doing, dry out the charcoal canister, may have to buy a new one but probably not, and run a couple bottles of DRYGAS in your tank. It is normally used to remove moisture but if you dont have that much water in your tank, could help out.

OP
OP
D

drtj

Reaction score
I already removed the tank. It wasnt that bad of a job. I think its slam full of water. I'm going to let everything dry out for a few days especially the canister. I'm also going to blow out all the fuel lines with the air compressor. Yes, the motor does turn over. It wanted to start a few time just never would catch.

OP
OP
D

drtj

Reaction score
Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! Its back running. I removed the fuel tank, charcoal canister & the fuel filter. I cleaned out the tank & canister, replaced the filter. For future reference it takes a 5/16's fuel removal tool. Thanks for all the help!!!