Hands-Free Liftgate Madness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LyoddChrissmiss

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Now I keep the car looked while in the garage so it doesn’t open when the kids walk past.
I disabled it, but then the regulator push buttons don’t work.
I wish there was a way to just deactivate the “rear kick” feature

Greg Parker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Now I keep the car looked while in the garage so it doesn’t open when the kids walk past.
I disabled it, but then the regulator push buttons don’t work.
I wish there was a way to just deactivate the “rear kick” feature

I had to come here to comment again ...just because of your profile name. But take the topic of this issue (intermittent functionality) and your profile name combined and it makes this pretty funny. Just "wave" your foot and say...

https://giphy.com/gifs/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu

View media item 7195

Tys expedition

Reaction score
glad to see this is a universal problem. i started only taking my key in the garage when im actually gonna drive. if its in my pocket ill walk by and it will open but unless i actually kick the spare it won't do it it when i want. i find touching the spare with my toe is the only semi reliable way to get it to work when i want. trailer hookups i just keep an eye on it. definitely has some bugs.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad to see this is a universal problem. i started only taking my key in the garage when im actually gonna drive. if its in my pocket ill walk by and it will open but unless i actually kick the spare it won't do it it when i want. i find touching the spare with my toe is the only semi reliable way to get it to work when i want. trailer hookups i just keep an eye on it. definitely has some bugs.

It works best for me if I touch my shin to the rear bumper in a kicking motion. I kick lower and under the truck. I used to kick the spare tire and it wasn’t consistent.

I thought I read that some people disabled the kick to open feature by unplugging they antennae inside the bumper.

fishrising

Reaction score
And mine was working for a long while after they went through the TSB mentioned above. But now it hasn’t been working for a while, again....

MATT0404

Reaction score
I got tired of the inopportune openings and disconnected the sensor inside the rear bumper. No more kick to open feature but I no longer have to worry about when the hatch is going to randomly pop open.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got tired of the inopportune openings and disconnected the sensor inside the rear bumper. No more kick to open feature but I no longer have to worry about when the hatch is going to randomly pop open.

No codes thrown? I might have to do this as well... hooked up a trailer for the first time and she came up outta nowhere! Never works when I want it to tho haha.

LyoddChrissmiss

Reaction score
Is it just a simple unplug?
Everything else works fine?
I’d like to do that as well, as im fearful that one time I have my trailer hooked up it will open and cause so damage.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea mine is hit or miss, but usually it will pick the worst time to not work. Like when I have my hands full with a cooler and the kids bikes or stroller..... so annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk