hands free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
any suggestion on brands for a hands free in my 2008 xlt? I really don't want wire's showing
I swapped the entire head unit for an aftermarket with Bluetooth and all around more functionality. In my opinion its the only way to go

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried installing an AUX box from a generic manufacturer that also offers add-on bluetooth for $20 more....

Well, first attempt got nothing but a faint clicking sound.

I do think they might be right about that aftermarket head unit thing....

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Ford sold the Mobile-Ease attachment as an accessory in 08. Plug and play, fairly ugly, no screen for text messages. Expensive, though it works very well but has limited functions. About $260.

Plati

Reaction score
any suggestion on brands for a hands free in my 2008 xlt? I really don't want wire's showing
This may not be what you were asking about
..... not even sure what your question is

My hands free navigation solution. Being quite nearsighted, I had to position a decent sized screen 20 inches from my eyes so I could glance over and read distance, exit & road numbers. I also don't want to take my eyes off road for any more than one second (don't even like doing that). Android Nougat responds to voice command. Has to be powered since I might drive 12 hours at a stretch. Paired a bluetooth Oontz speaker (huge rechargeable battery) with dedicated navigation phone so I can use Expy audio uninterrupted. Use an LG Fiesta Tracfone ($100 buys phone and a year of service) for navigation leaving my iphone SE free for calls & text ... can simultaneously pair iPhone with SYNC. Also nice to have full backup phone capability on long trips & the Tracfone is big enough to use in hotel Wifi as Phablet vs tiny iPhone. I had wanted to put Tracfone up in speedo area (so I only had to glance down a slight amount) but discovered the POLARIZATION problem after buying the phone (LED screen in horizontal orientation is black with polarized sunglasses). This whole system works perfect. especially since Google Maps now offers downloaded Maps so I can still navigate in Canada with no cell coverage. I would never be able to see any built in nav system and by using Android I can update technology over time as advances are made, for pennies.
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG

Last edited:

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the mobile ease solution in my 2008. Does exactly what I need it to do.