has anyone installed a body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's all about getting more ground clearance for me; bigger tires are my only real option - and a body lift is my only real option to get bigger tires.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you don't have 5000$ for a rize lift kit plus 1000$ more for custom shafts. You just pay for a leveling kit 200$ plus a body lift 250$ and saved a lot of money for tires.

xtamer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think we really need to get the ball rolling on this. Id get this done, no doubt, if I knew what it involved.

Limited'08

Reaction score
Why would you want to raise the body? Its a waste of money putting on a fake lift.

I'm not trying to stir anything up but i wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a fake lift. A lift is a lift is a lift for many different reasons and uses. I myself would like more tire on my truck. I'm very tempted to give it a go ahead. Will have to wait for warmer months though.

xtamer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree limited'08. As for a body lift on our expeditions, one thing that's stopping me is rust. There's a bolt that goes up through each body mount with a nut on top. The nut is welded to the chassis that isnt accessible without cutting. You'll have to then lift the body up off the frame and if its not solid enough then the body could crumple and your screwed. Then comes custom bumper brackets to relocate the bumper since the body then be higher.

JoshA77

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have a 3" body lift from a 04 f150 I am about getting ready to put on my 03 in the next week. New bolts should be here Monday, and then I think next weekend I should have it done. Will keep everyone updated and do a write up.

ExpeditionUser

Reaction score
i have a 3" body lift from a 04 f150 I am about getting ready to put on my 03 in the next week. New bolts should be here Monday, and then I think next weekend I should have it done. Will keep everyone updated and do a write up.

I sincerely hope you're serious. I'd love to see this done and even better with a write-up.