Has anyone installed Sumosprings CSS-1168 on 2022, 2023 or even 2024 ford expedition 4X4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
eTrailer shows CSS-1168 fits 2022 Expedition 4X4. I think it will fit 2024 expedition as well because I don’t see any difference on the coil springs between model year 2022, 2023 and 2024. Is there anyone who physically installed CSS-1168 on model year 2022 and later? Thanks!

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don’t have those year models you inquired about. However, I’ve got a 2016 that installed the Super Spring 1168’s on.

What I did was look up the coil spring part number from 2020-2024; they were all the same. Should work just fine for you.

bobnely

Reaction score
I have them on my 2021 super easy to install. I also added the Hellwig sway bars front and rear and the significantly increased stability through turns and while towing.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would almost prefer there just been a factory rear spring option with 5-10% higher spring rate.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have them on my 2021 super easy to install. I also added the Hellwig sway bars front and rear and the significantly increased stability through turns and while towing.
I paid a workshop to install it on my 2024 expedition xlt max 4x4 today. So far it works perfectly fine. Much less sway at the rear end that I could feel.

CCDC

Reaction score
I put them on my 22 to help with rear sag/sway with heavy towing. Did it pretty much immediately so don't know what difference there is. Figured I could use all the help I could get with a family of 5, 3 dogs, and a 28' travel trailer. I'm satisfied with the overall performance.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put them on my 22 to help with rear sag/sway with heavy towing. Did it pretty much immediately so don't know what difference there is. Figured I could use all the help I could get with a family of 5, 3 dogs, and a 28' travel trailer. I'm satisfied with the overall performance.

I just towed 1000 miles after installation, with 600 lbs. tongue weight. It lifted the rear end by about one inch and significantly mitigated the sway feeling.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to order a new set… I totally forgot to secure the original set with zip ties. Forgot to grab them before heading to craft shop.

Noticed during my next oil change that one had fallen out when it was up on the lift. Will put them in this weekend with something to hold them in place!!!

Can’t believe I did that.

Glad to hear Hellwig saw a difference in sag with them installed.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had to order a new set… I totally forgot to secure the original set with zip ties. Forgot to grab them before heading to craft shop.

Noticed during my next oil change that one had fallen out when it was up on the lift. Will put them in this weekend with something to hold them in place!!!

Can’t believe I did that.

Glad to hear Hellwig saw a difference in sag with them installed.

I didn't see any zip tie holes on mine. Perhaps I was negligent.

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't see any zip tie holes on mine. Perhaps I was negligent.
Yeah… that’s crazy because the first set I received had them. The second set does not!!! ‍So it wasn’t just a one off. SMH

I’d share a pic of the first the one that didn’t fall out, but it’s still at my worksite in Huntsville, AL. Visiting home in Arizona at the moment. I’ll get picks when I get back if I remember.