Anyone installed hellwig anti-sway bar on 2022,2023 or 2024 expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im running this bar on A 24 navigator I did go with different bushings and rear links. I am hesitant to do the front again unless I change the bushings to some quality ones

Didn't the two new bushings come with your Hellwig sway bar? There are two new ones in my package, with a small bag of glue-ish stuff.

Chio4

Reaction score
Didn't the two new bushings come with your Hellwig sway bar? There are two new ones in my package, with a small bag of glue-ish stuff.
Oh yes it did I have run your stuff for many years . I stopped using your bushings years ago. I went through 5 sets just on the front. So please at least start supplying quality bushings. Before you say I might have installed them wrong well . You were send videos on three installs there the front bushings all failed. Also I’m A setting person on suspensions for race cars and test for manufacture as A test driver.. so yea I know what I’m doing!!!

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Installed the Hellwig 7688 rear anti-sway bar tonight on my 2024 Expedition XLT Max 4X4. It perfectly replaced the factory bar. I drove it for about 15 miles after installation in heavy rain, it seems to deliver a firmer feeling when I made turns, compared with the factory bar.

OP
OP
H

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The rear bar mounting points have to be angled a certain way so that when you put weight on the suspension they stand upright. The mounting tabs on the bar need to bend so the outermost edges point up and out. If you mount it and the mounting points point inward you have it on incorrectly. Easy mistake to make and you won’t notice until you take it off the jack and crawl underneath to see how it is angled. If on incorrectly the mounting tabs will make contact with the end links.

I didn't jack the vehicle at all. I just crawled underneath the vehicle and hardly got everything done. By leaving the vehicle on ground, I figured the end link mounting points naturally point up and outward. The only surprise is there is not enough space to use a regular 15mm socket to torque both end link nuts. I had to purchase a crowfoot wrench set to torque them tomorrow. All the six nuts (4 on brackets and 2 on end links) are 15mm.

Correction: I checked end points on each end link just now. Both point a little outward and downward. If the end points point upwards, the 7688 sway bar will touch the end links on both end. My vehicle is 2024 model year max 4x4 with control track.

Last edited: