Has anyone removed the plastic part hanging down on the front bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I trimmed mine instead of removing it completely. I used a angular grinder with a cut off blade and it cut very easily. I left just a little of the air dam itself.

View attachment 42515 View attachment 42516
Makes a lot more sense than removing it entirely as you retain the stiffening quantities for the bumper cover. That's what I'd consider.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are overthinking it. It’s not any stiffer or flimsier. Just remove it.
I would agree. Of course, even a sheet of paper would make anything ‘more rigid’. Taking mine off, and even trimming what remains has not caused any loss of rigidity. There’s a reason they call it a bumper cover.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking to do this to give extra clearance. I have the 4WD if that matters. Just making sure there's no sensors or warranty issues that I'm going to run into by doing this.

Talking about just this piece:

ADGBCrC.png
https://imgur.com/ADGBCrC

It's 8 bolts if you want to remove it. You'll get more ground clearance and rougher aerodynamics at high speeds. No sensors present and there should be no warranty issues. The Ford Owner's Manual states that it should be removed when going off road.

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I removed mine it seemed to lose enough integrity that I did some things to secure it.
I don't know if starts deforming at 100 miles an hour, but I do know if I'm traveling that fast I for sure don't want it to. YMMV.

757expedition

Reaction score
I tried to remove mine but the ends are totally covered by the wheel well liners. it is not as easy as 8 bolts on my expy. my F150 was a breeze. any tips on this?

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You will need to move the wheel well liner a bit here and there. Just take a better look at it.