Having some strange AC Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Ford Expedition not sure on the exact model though. Lately I have been having some strange issues with my AC.

One day I started my SUV and the AC looked like it was on from looking at the digital display but nothing was coming out then about a few minutes later it started blowing. I am not having any issues with the cooling or heating and there are no leaks from the AC. Its been doing this on and off sometimes it will come on right away sometimes it wont.

One time the display didnt even come on. No digital readings where the temps would normally show and how high the AC was on etc. it was just blank. So I am wondering if its something electrical since there is no issues with heating and cooling and the display didnt work that one time

I recently had my transmission rebuilt in february and had a very small leak for a while which was a dark brown color but the leak stopped but I do no believe any of this is related. Any ideas what it could be?