Headunit stopped working-2017 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Kiley

Reaction score
On my way to work today the radio just turned off, then moments later my A/C stopped working. Heat blasts from the defroster, floors and rear vents. Everything else works perfect, I think my headunit went bad, any thoughts? I parked the car for an hour, turned it on and it started normal, I still disconnected the battery and left it for the day. After I reconnected it, it worked normal for 10minutes, then it happened all over again, radio, A/c, Heat... yuck.

Please help! I am looking for replacement head units if need be.

OP
OP
M

Mark Kiley

Reaction score
UPDATE

I had it diagnosed at the dealer and sure enough, the APIM is not responding. My question is for all you techie Expedition owners, I want to take this opportunity to upgrade to the 8" display. I found several inexpensive radios on ebay for my 2017, but what are the compatibility issues I may run into? Will it work in my vehicle if the radio is off a Limited and mine is an XLT?