Heat issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I happened to notice today (since it got colder and windy) that my heat isn't as warm as it should be. It gets warm but not like my other vehicles. The temp gauge didn't go up very high either so I was thinking this might be a thermostat/antifreeze issue. I tested the antifreeze a month or so ago and it was good to 40 or 45 below but I was thinking about flushing the system since the coolant seemed rather dark in color. Any input would be helpful....Thanks!

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How many miles on the coolant? If it's old flush it out and replace. but it shouldn't cause no heat maybe the heating controls are acting up? I think the blend door can cause issues, or your heater core being plugged up if the coolant is real old and nasty.

OP
OP
B

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't had it very long so I don't know how many miles are on the coolant. The blend door seems to be functioning fine since everything is working when you move the switch. Sounds like replacing the coolant and thermostat would be a good start. Anymore input would be appreciated.

OP
OP
B

bar422

Full Access Members
Reaction score
UPDATE! I had the coolant flushed,heater core backflushed and thermostat replaced. We definitely have heat now! The mechanic suspected that it was the thermostat since it was stuck open,broken, and had to be removed with a pry bar! He said it was probably the original one too! They got a coil wet in the process that kicked on the check engine light but they replaced it at no cost to me so its all good now!