Heater Blender Door???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patiome

Reaction score
2006 Blender Door Replacement, Any Tricks???

My wife's truck started making a clicking noise in the middle top of the dash. It sounds like it is just under the top. It will will only click when the temp is on max cold to about eight o'clock or max heat to about four o'clock. The heat and a/c both work. From what I've read, it is likely the blender door, or maybe the blender door motor. It also sounds like a major pain to repair. I can't afford to have the dealer do it if it's going to cost a ton of money. I've seen a bunch of videos, but nothing on and 06 Expedition. Only an older model and explorer. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.

Last edited:

vicbulge

Reaction score
Blend door

What is happening is the blend door itself is getting stuck when trying to fully close (believe full close is coldest/full open is warmest) The clicking is the actuator that drives the door. You're asking it to close fully, but the shaft only goes say 95%, so it is constantly powered trying to close. The actuator mechanics have failed, but the electrics are still trying. There are a few ways to repair....one expensive, the other more temporary. Replacing the door is costly labor wise. Have a 2005 exp now with the rear air doing the same and i'm researching that now. On my windstar, I (totally non sanctioned) drilled a hole near the door swing area, sprayed a very small amount of light (unscented) sewing machine oil onto the door path, then manually actuated the door shaft several times with the actuator out to obtain smooth movement. Then I installed a new actuator. It worked for 2 years before failing again. This is by no means anything Ford would do. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nameisbry