Heater blowing Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Very strange, when the cold weather came only the back heat was working , now front and back are blowing cold... i know its not the heater core so im not sure what else to check... Any suggestions?

B

bedrck46

I would suspect that the heater cores may be clogged I say that because you state that only the back heat was working and now both are blowing cold. By you saying both are blowing I assume that the fans are running. I would start by checking the inlet and outlet temps to both heater cores and checking the heater hoses for any cold spots along the lengths. Also you state that its not the heater cores. Kindly explain how you know it isn't. What have you checked?

OP
OP
TexasAngel34

TexasAngel34

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my roommate told me it wasnt the heater core... but i will have that checked as well as the hoses ... Thanks so much

B

bedrck46

keep the forum posted would like to know what you find
If you can also see what your coolant temp is?
Could also be a faulty t/stat or water pump.

gkelly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has the same problem pretty sure I need the heater core back flushed ..inlet gets hot outlet only gets warm

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with mine. I replaced the heater core, but the air is barely warm with the heat cranked up to Wrath of God.

I should note that I also replaced the blend door at the same time I replaced the heater core