Hello form North Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanHall

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been cruising around the forum for a few months now looking at different question, comments and the like. Seems everyone is real nice. I have a question, I have an 03 Expy EB with 144k on the clock. Just yesterday I heard a noise coming from the back end sounding like a growl of some sort. I jacked up the rear end this morning and for some reason shook the driver side rear tire and it kinda clanked. So I took it off to see if the whole driver side of the IRS was coming loose or something. Didn't find anything. After I put the tire back on, it didn't clank anymore, but it feels a tad bit loose? All the lugnuts were tight, so I assume it wasn't just a loose wheel? Any ideas? I'm about to go drive it a bit and see if I still here the noise.

Ryan

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm thinking HUB bearing as well. Jack the rear end off the ground, after chalking the front tires so it doesn't roll. Take the wheel off, and put the tranny in the neutral. Spin the HUB and listen. If its bad you should hear some grinding like the bearings are 1. wore out. 2. need grease 3. totally shot. If they need grease its probably best to change them out anyway. You don't want to risk them being bad anyway. If the wheel feels like its loose they are probably wore the f out.

OP
OP
RyanHall

RyanHall

Reaction score
Thanks all! Anybody know which brand hub to buy? The prices are all over the place. Also does anybody know if they are greasable?

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority but I buy factory own whenever I can.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk