Hello from Ft. Worth, TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turtlejoe

Reaction score
Just picked up a new-to-me 2000 XLT with just a hair over 51,000 miles. It's in exceptional condition inside and out, but it did spend close to 10 years in Ohio.

We have been, and really still are, a Jeep family. The Expy brings us a great combination of capabilities and reliability that will serve us well. My primary vehicle for the last 12 years has been a 1978 Jeep Cherokee Chief and it has been a blast. With the clock ticking over 230,000 miles last month however, the time for something more comfortable for my old bones and more modern was in order. My wife's 2004 Rubicon, while a ton of fun, just is too inconvenient and limited as an around town people vehicle. So, the Expy comes along from a close friend and a partnership has been formed.

I don't really have any plans for the truck, other than a few basic things and a focus on improving mileage a tad. Looking forward to the new experience, and I have been very pleased so far with the on road manners and having a quiet vehicle at highway speeds for a change.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum !! We need some pictures....and 51,000 miles..WOW...thats great..does it have a 4.6 or 5.4? again welcome!

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome! I am curious what the price tag was considering how Texans love their trucks and it has very low miles!

OP
OP
T

turtlejoe

Reaction score
Got it from a good friend of mine.

I game him $8800 and he had upgraded the stereo with new head unit, speakers, subwoofer and a couple of amps. It was his dad's truck, but when his dad passed away a couple years ago it made the trip to Texas. The fuel expense didn't work well with a young, growing family and he struggled with the thought of selling it. I needed a new ride, he can stay in touch with the truck, and the deal is that he'll have first option to buy it back when I start looking for a 2-3 year old 2012-13 Grand Cherokee in a few years. The proverbial win-win in our books.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$8800....might as well say $9k for 10yr old truck...uhm...idk about that one unless it has great mods other than the audio system...

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I dont think thats a bad price at all for a rust free truck with those miles...I paid 6300.00 for mine with 77k from California...I bet it has most of the bells and whistles...Is it a AWD or 4x4?