Help!! Dealership doesn’t know what’s wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zak99b5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If the two low cylinders are next to each other, it could be the head gasket.

OP
OP
Q

quarterboy25

Reaction score
Question everyone. If I do get approved for a new engine with my warranty, would even the new manufactured engine have the cam phaser issue where they would eventually go bad or would that be fixed?

kep5niner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve had 2 other used expys and I used to drive straight through any cel until they would start flashing. Wanted to do the right thing with this expy and it’s been very time consuming and possibly expensive.

WTF?… That’s a recipe to turn what could be any minor problem into a very time consuming and expensive one.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question everyone. If I do get approved for a new engine with my warranty, would even the new manufactured engine have the cam phaser issue where they would eventually go bad or would that be fixed?

It depends. If the replacement is a brand new engine manufactured after 2023, it may come with the newly designed cam phaser.

OP
OP
Q

quarterboy25

Reaction score
WTF?… That’s a recipe to turn what could be any minor problem into a very time consuming and expensive one.
That was my old way of thinking. No longer.
It would most likely be a refurbished used engine. I doubt Endurance will pay for a new engine
That was my thought also. If that’s the case, I would assume the phasers would not have already been replaced.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was my old way of thinking. No longer.

That was my thought also. If that’s the case, I would assume the phasers would not have already been replaced.

If this is the case, you can surely ask your dealership to replace them with new ones. The cost is negligible coz they've already torn it apart. And replace your engine coolant thermostat with the most recent version too.

OP
OP
Q

quarterboy25

Reaction score
If this is the case, you can surely ask your dealership to replace them with new ones. The cost is negligible coz they've already torn it apart. And replace your engine coolant thermostat with the most recent version too.
Thank you so much. I def would mention those things. Fingers crossed that they will approve it. It’s at the “because it’s a powertrain claim, someone has to come out to the dealership” phase now. I guess they need to verify what the dealership is suggesting.

DurhamHusker

Reaction score
That new thermostat comes with an updated housing in some cases, too. Also ask to make sure the water pump is new and that you get all new coolant hoses (engine AND transmission) if this swap doesn't automatically come with them. If they're reasonable, they won't charge you full book labor since the whole thing is going to be laying all over the shop in pieces already anyway.

OP
OP
Q

quarterboy25

Reaction score
Update#2

Final diagnosis was 9% low compression on cylinder 4. Dealer suggested that’s it’s only safe to drive home and park u til I get a new engine. Endurance warranty would not cover due to “pre existing condition.” Long story there but now I’m shopping for an engine.