Help identifying a part of a front strut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naplantach

Reaction score
Hello from Poland ;)

Today I left my 2006 Expy to have the front and rear struts replaced to Bilstein 4600 I have imported from RockAuto. A moment ago my mechanic called me that there is a big problem. Bilstens come without the part indicated on this image (spring holder??). According to his "theory" Bilstein assumes you will reuse this from your old struts. In my case it is impossible, due to the corrosion and general wear. Could you please advise whether it is possible to buy this part alone? As of now, my option is to buy anther pair of struts and have it delivered across the pond, which is quite expensive ;(

part.jpg

Bilstein for reference:

nopart.jpg

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you confirm model, 2WD/4WD and standard or air suspension.

With out knowing the above, It appears that ford does not sell the lower spring support separately. When searching aftermarket replacement shocks, many aftermarket brands include the lower spring support, either as part of the shock or as a separate included piece but none of the Bilstein's do. There is even a search variable on some vendor sites to select which do and do not include it.

Ford OEM Parts
1687369455529.png

OP
OP
N

naplantach

Reaction score
Can you confirm model, 2WD/4WD and standard or air suspension.

With out knowing the above, It appears that ford does not sell the lower spring support separately. When searching aftermarket replacement shocks, many aftermarket brands include the lower spring support, either as part of the shock or as a separate included piece but none of the Bilstein's do. There is even a search variable on some vendor sites to select which do and do not include it.

Ford OEM Parts
View attachment 78014
It is a 4WD, standard suspension.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can’t find a Ford part for sale separately, but both Moog and Monroe both make parts they refer to as a Coil Spring Seat for that truck, but don‘t know if they fit the Bilsteins.

Bilstein seems to refer to them as a Spring Perch or in adjustable applications Adjustable Spring Perch, but I cant find them for sale separately / individually anywhere. Some off road vendors show kits with the Bilstein shocks and the spring seats, which look like the Monroe or Moog parts.

keiferEXP

Reaction score
You might want to contact Bilstein for the cup part number. Here's a pic of it with the cup.

Attachments

• bilst.jpg
    bilst.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 3