Help needed in Atlanta Area!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 99 Expedition needs the radiator and heater core replaced. I am confident in replacing the radiator, but not so much the heater core. I am unemployed and can't afford shop prices. I am willing to pay someone, who has done this job before, to supervise me while I perform all labor. I will come to you. I have tools but may need to borrow some of yours to complete the job. If anyone can help me, please call me at 4 one zero-979-three zero 7 one.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Left you a message, I'm west of Atl in Temple. Finishing up the front heater core on mine today 1-21-13.

Last edited:

Silver99Xlt4.6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Left you a message, I'm west of Atl in Temple. Finishing up the front heater core on mine today 1-21-13.

Know Anything about the oil Filter Relocation Bracket , or Adapter That Mounts to block and the The Oil Filter Attaches to that . Mine is leaking oil at the block and mount ? .

Sorry to OP for Any kind of thread jack or Hi jack ? .

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Know Anything about the oil Filter Relocation Bracket , or Adapter That Mounts to block and the The Oil Filter Attaches to that . Mine is leaking oil at the block and mount ? .

Sorry to OP for Any kind of thread jack or Hi jack ? .

Probably just needs a new seal, you should be able to remove it from the block and put in a new gasket. Ford would have them and they are probably not all that expensive.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't have it on mine but here you go. Probably don't have to do all of this but may be better in the long run to take it out & clean the mating surfaces.

Oil Filter Adapter —4x2
Remove the LH engine mount.
For additional information, refer to Engine Mount—LH in this section.
Remove the oil bypass filter (6714).

If equipped, remove the oil cooler. For additional information, refer to Oil Cooler in this section.
Disconnect the oil pressure sender electrical connector.

Remove the oil pressure sensor (9278).

Slide back the hose clamp and disconnect the lower radiator hose (8286) from the oil filter adapter (6881).

Remove the three bolts and remove the LH engine mount.

Remove the bolts.

Remove the rear nut, the oil filter adapter and discard the gasket.

atw73

Reaction score
My heater core in me 2000 Expy has been blocked for awhile and I was just suffering thru it, but last week I got a very strong smell of Anti Freeze, also my windows fog very easily now. There is no leak in the Truck itself, the coolant does drip underneath the truck though. I will also have to swap my heater core. I live near Macon. Please let me know how long it takes you to swap your heater core. Not worth paying someone else $400+ to swap out a $50 heater core. Follow up question though... is there any reason why the rear heater core does not heat up? would a blockage purely in the front heater core affect the rear one? I have never had to deal with so many different heater core water lines before.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It will depend on your experience, your tools and how well you stay composed in dealing with stupid designs. I was into the heater box in 4 hrs., a good portion of the time was documenting the location of the bolts from and placing them in a storage container. Portable impacts sped up the removal considerably.
Once you swing the dash into the pass seat there are 13 screws in the lid. One of which is hidden in the back that you can only feel. Overall not that bad of a repair, just time consuming.
My new blend door actuator lasted a day. The foam seal that it came with was causing a bind and broke the teeth on one of the gears. Nice....

OP
OP
C

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the radiator installed yesterday. Haynes manual said that the radiator fan needed to be removed, but I was able to push the shroud back far enough the slide it out without touching the fan. Today I removed the center console and steering column. Like Stamp said, It's not hard, just time consuming! I also recommend separating and labeling the screw and bolt locations upon removal. I'll finish up tomorrow. One question though. When I flushed the system there was a lot of rust and metal flakes in the solution. To insure that now of that gets into the new radiator or heater core, is it ok to flush the system without the radiator connected (engine off of course) to insure that I get everything out?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep on the flush, I'd replace the water pump and flush through the opening for it. You can get quite a bit of crap out of that big hole. That is what I did when changing mine.

OP
OP
C

curleywon

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg