help part needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lee9144

Reaction score
Hello everyone....I have a 1997 Expedition with a 4.6 Romero engine...Well this is my problem a while back I had posted that I had a oil leak coming from the front of the engine. I got some good help from everyone on where to look. I couldnt find the leak and after a couple of crooks came by and looked at it i decided to let the truck sit since I had another vehicle to drive. But that vehicle recently died so back to the truck. So I took everything a part and low and behold I found the leak. The bad part is that the timing cover is leaking not from the seals or gaskets but from a hole in the cover itself. And it was from the tentioner pulley and 2 other pulleys freezing up. can anyone point me in the right direction to find a used cover or a new one..thank for any and all help

Jay87LX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you saying the tensioner pully rubbed up against it and wore a hole it or is it a factory pin hole? You can look at Rock Auto, a sponsor here on the site and they should have the tensioner as well, depending on the other pully and what it is may be a bigger problem, do you know what it is?