help with offroad tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hello i was just given a 95 ford explorer so instead of beating my expedition i am going to use the explorer as a dedicated offroad car so i am trying to find tires... this car will be used only for offroading so i dont care if i have alot of tire noise but i do want the tires to be street legal if i do happen to drive on pavement. im looking for 35s and the rims are stock ford 15" rims. im just trying to get the best all around ofroad tires for the very cheapest

i found 315x7516/D Guard Dog Retread Mud Tire for 177 each but not including shipping but like i said i want the cheapest i can find.

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a fan of Nitto and Cooper brand tires. Both are used by dedicated off roaders on here with good review. I have 33" Coopers on mine and they are very good off road as well as on.

That being said they are probably not going to be very cheap...

OP
OP
L

lunchboxlust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do kno that they wouldn't fit on 15" rims I was just using it as an example as the cheapest I could find. but thanks for the link ill look into it

babysilk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree with ForandPolaris. I am a big fan of my coopers. With that being said, they arent cheap. I would suggest checking craigslist.org in your local area for some slightly used tires. If you go that route examine each tire to make sure there are no plugs or patches. Plus no shipping charges if you pick them up:) Best of luck

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ok lunchbox. i was just making sure. and im running the 285/70/17 wardens from treadwright on my 03. I have had them since February and so far so good. Treadwright is located in ND and shipping to Los Angeles was $30 a tire through fed ex. I paid about $600 for all for tires with shipping.