Help with the correct parts before I ship them to the UK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have my 2015 5.4L V8 Expy here in the UK (where it is a little unusual). Ford here have no clue!
So getting parts is always fun. I tend to use rockauto and get them shipped here if I can figure out what to get.
Today I'm told my rear diff is leaking oil and I need to get the three oil seals that go in there so it can be fixed.
Being a non techy I don't really know what to look for on rockauto.

To make things more fun it's not really a 3.5L, it's the 5.4L version which they don't list as it was not avail in the USA, only for export. So I'm hoping the part listed for the 3.5L will be the same as for my 5.4L - so far that has been correct.

So if anyone can help me work out which line item in the following link I need to order, I'd be very grateful. Same goes for the Auxilary belt, though it's poss we may be able to get one of those in England but I can't find that on rockauto either. Again I'd be guessing it's the same item for the 3.5L as the 5.4L.

thanks for any help or pointers
rgds
Mike

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try going to Tasca Parts online and entering your VIN number and looking up the parts that way. They are an OEM parts dealer with very good prices and can ship to you. They show exploded diagrams to help you zero in on the correct part.

Tasca Parts Online

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Yes, this is the challenge. Tasca don't recognise the vin or model as it was an export only one. Their chat agents know even less, hence coming here

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being that 2014 was last year of the 5.4L V8 here in US I would hazard a guess that model year 2014 is where you should search. Try crawling under the differential to look for a metal tag or stamping with the actual part number of the assembly. Then drill down in the parts database for the seals. Do you have Ford Dealers in the UK? Did they market a 2015 Expy with V8, or did it come from the Middle East via a Saudi Prince?

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
2014 is a good call. Thank you. Ford have no clue here. Not even heard of the Expedition so no help there. I'll try the tag idea too. Funnily enough ref your Saudi Prince comment, that is where it was headed before 20 of them ended up in the UK. Long story! Some of the print is in Arabic which I'm not totally fluent in!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any luck at Ford Parts Giant Online OEM Parts ?
But at any rate they used the same 9.75" rear axle from 2003 - 2017 . 2014 makes more sense, and they might've just marketed it as a 2015 over there.
If nothing else, post a picture of the rear pumpkin. But you should also have an axle code on the door jamb sticker, with something like an H6 code.

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Ok thank you. Will check those things. I'm a chef so when you say "Pumpkin" I think I'll check with my mechanic mate before posting anything.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pumpkin, is what the Americans call the differential housing, if you get under the back of the car, you will see a transmission shaft coming from the front of the car going to the rear differential housing, there will then be smaller shafts going from that same housing to each back wheel, that housing is the pumpkin!! It’s sort of round like a pumpkin and the main drive shaft enters where a pumpkin connects to the root system!! Just need a little imagination ! :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani