Hero or Zero?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the crowd that knows how to back it is a joke. But consider that we no longer can read a map, can't stop without using the vehicle in front of us, need backup cameras to keep from hitting the mailbox & don't watch where we are going since since my txt is more important than the stopped semi in front of me. The list keeps going....
Just another feature for stupid people. Then again it may have a wide use in the big truck world since there a quite a few truckers that can't back worth a crap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RRILO

Reaction score
What's makes it even more perplexing is that the "tech" really just boils down to having a second steering wheel in the form of the knob. Driver still controls the speed with the brake and accelerator. Perhaps the knob is a more intuitive and natural way of representing where the driver wants the trailer to go for newbies? It's almost like Ford designed this to appeal to the gaming community because it's almost arcade-like.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is a possibility. I wonder if the advanced version has a reset button?
Small knob for a small brain?
Big steering wheel for those that can think?

Last edited:

Yudaman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I briefly skimmed the article. Oh hell no!!! If you don't know how to back a trailer you really don't have any business pulling it!
It continues to amaze me how folks can buy their first trailer and not spend, oh I dunno, an HOUR in a vacant parking lot learning how to back it.
Well, I guess it isn't as horrid of an idea as Chevy's four wheel steering idea a few years back...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker