Hey from the UK....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chunk

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My business partner and i have just got hold of a 97 Expedition XLT. It's been stood on a farm for 2 years after the motor let go, we will be making it fully awesome again very very soon. At the moment, the new motor that came with it, is being refreshed by ourselves, then will be fitted back in the truck. We will mainly be using it for towing my Nissan Skyline drift car to various competitions around Europe.

Here are a few pic's of it in the condition we collected it........

P1040952.jpg

V8towbeast1.jpg

V8towbeast5.jpg

V8towbeast2.jpg

After a quick wash.....

V8towbeast.jpg

The motor seems in good order, but the mileage is unknown, so we checked the condition of the big end and main bearings, they were near perfect. It also has a AEM brute force induction, so when we make our own custom exhaust, it should have the right noises coming from both ends.

Were hoping to have it all road legal within a few weeks, then we'll fit a LPG fuel system as petrol is hugely expensive here, well, as it is everywhere now! :(

I'll keep you all up to date on the trucks progress.

Cheers all

Rich

OP
OP
C

chunk

Reaction score
Hi Les,

Thanks for the welcome, love the colour of your truck. It actually belonged to a customer of mine, i had no idea he had it until he put it up for sale. I wanted it as soon as i set my eyes on it, so off we set on a bit of a nighttime mission to collect it.

Looking forward to hear it fire up asap.

It does need a few bits, but my garage is right opposite a top fuel funny car drag team's place who we help out with fabrication etc, as they get all there bits fromk the USA, all is great.

I'll certainly keep popping on here and getting a bit of info :)

Rich

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Good fine. Keep us posted on your progress.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seeing an expedition driving in europe would catch my eye more then a lamborghini... Europe needs more expeditions.. they have too many small cars.