Hotspot not working anymore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrLemongrass

Reaction score
Hi, for some reason my hotspot isn't enabled anymore. When I try to re-enable it in the settings, I get an error. I used an obd2 scanner and found an error code stating the telematics control unit is not responding. Did some google search, I saw a guy remove the fuse #17 Telematics control unit - modem and waited for 15 minutes then plugged it back in, and the ESN was back on his about SYNC. I did this and still nothing. I'm thinking it's a bad telematics control unit? Anyone have any ideas or know where it's located so I can inspect it? Thanks in advance!

Edit:
2019 Expedition Max Limited
AT&T account still active

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, for some reason my hotspot isn't enabled anymore. When I try to re-enable it in the settings, I get an error. I used an obd2 scanner and found an error code stating the telematics control unit is not responding. Did some google search, I saw a guy remove the fuse #17 Telematics control unit - modem and waited for 15 minutes then plugged it back in, and the ESN was back on his about SYNC. I did this and still nothing. I'm thinking it's a bad telematics control unit? Anyone have any ideas or know where it's located so I can inspect it? Thanks in advance!
Did your free trial end or are you paying for it?

Edit: Welcome to the forum

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What does your account say on myvehicle.att.com?
My wife’s Honda said the payment wouldn’t go through for no apperent reason. Now I can re-enroll for $5 more per month. I need to call them.