wireless app projection not enabled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
I have a 2022 limited expedition with Wi-Fi, I believe the sync is 5.2.1, the landscape 13" screen equipment group 302a

the carplay will not connect or enable, worked Friday on a road trip, get in to drive home Saturday morning and the carplay wont connect, get message that the wireless app projection is not enabled, cannot enable it, the unit asks to enable but it doesn't
everything worked , no updates to my mobile device which is an apple running iOS 17.1, or the sync that is reported
if you go in to settings to enable wireless app project it wont enable

phone is connected to Wi-Fi hot spot, that's something else, I notice when troubleshooting, the phone was no longer connected to the hotspot, had to reenter Wi-Fi password
I know everyone thinks its user error, as an IT person I have tried everything, except removing the battery from the truck, lol, no real way to reboot, also another symptom, the sync rebooted yesterday on the drive several times, 3 or 4 finally staying on, but wireless app projection can not be enabled

carplay does work when connected via usb

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you done the reset using the Power Button and Next Track Button. If not, do that 2 times in a row, the 2nd time Right after the Sync screen comes back up. If that does not work, you will need a replacement APIM, because you have most likely lost the WiFi Chipset.

OP
OP
Glen B Ashcroft

Glen B Ashcroft

Reaction score
its the small landscape screen, tried that, did twice, that resulted in 2 more reboots all by its self, thanks for the info
I will call dealer tomorrow make an appointment, that'll be hours of my life to proof to them its broke
argh!!!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
its the small landscape screen, tried that, did twice, that resulted in 2 more reboots all by its self, thanks for the info
I will call dealer tomorrow make an appointment, that'll be hours of my life to proof to them its broke
argh!!!
Your APIM has left the building. Those additional reboots, is the self diagnostics in the APIM trying to resolve the issue. It is not seeing all the hardware it expects. There is a new APIM in your future.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65