How do I remove my front bumper cover? ‘08

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have searched and searched! I cannot find any write ups or articles talking about the front bumper cover.

It doesn’t look too hard, but I tend to break stuff if I go in blind. I have a light bar I want to mount in my lower grill, a dent to pop out, and want to paint the inner lower grill black.

Thanks for any tips!

OP
OP
B

briandye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m out here stumped.

Top engine bay area plastic removed
Headlights removed
4 torx screws from the top of the grill removed
2 9/32nd screws from the wheel well area removed

Still on there. Seems like it wants to come off.

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m out here stumped.

Top engine bay area plastic removed
Headlights removed
4 torx screws from the top of the grill removed
2 9/32nd screws from the wheel well area removed

Still on there. Seems like it wants to come off.

There are four screws (two each side) in the wheel wells connecting the wheel well splash shield to the bumper cover that must be removed. Move the splash shield out of the way and you can look up to see to see two bolts on each side connecting the bumper cover to the truck. Then you basically lift the bumper cover a little and pull straight out. You didn't need to remove the headlights.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey bloodhound you can buy a complete repair CD online for $20.00. It covers body work as well as mechanical. Your going to need it if you plan on doing repairs on your vehicle. Cheap peace of mind!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

bloodhound

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey bloodhound you can buy a complete repair CD online for $20.00. It covers body work as well as mechanical. Your going to need it if you plan on doing repairs on your vehicle. Cheap peace of mind!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I was answering the OP. I have the ford factory service manual.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered one of those $20 CDs off eBAY. We shall see if it helps. I'd like to add the auxiliary transmission cooler myself but if I have to take off the bumper and lights then I'd like step by step directions. I've waited this long - I can wait and see if the CD is any good. Seems like overkill to have to remove the lights when all I want is access to the area in front of the radiator.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cover and grille come off together. First take off the plastic cover above fan shroud under hood and remove the fasteners you can now see up front. Then remove fasteners from wheel well liners that go into it. After that you have 4 fasteners (2 each side) that go into the fender panel. From there pull the push pins out of the mat underneath and it will pull straight off.