Remove front grille and bumper (2017)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Belias21

Reaction score
I’m trying to install a transmission oil cooler on my 2017 but cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the grille off. From what I’ve seen the grille and front bumper are all part of a single assembly they comes off together.
I’ve removed the plastic cover and 4 torx screws underneath that but at am at a loss in what to do next.
Can’t find any videos or tutorials anywhere. I know several of you have done this and would love to know how it’s done without breaking anymore clips. [emoji849]
Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
B

Belias21

Reaction score
Thanks all! Unfortunately I had already found both of those videos, neither of which helped very much.
I grabbed a PDF as suggested and that helped point out 4 elusive bolts that were holding the whole thing on.
Got it now, and tranny cooler installed!
Thanks!

DeafCyberExpy

Reaction score
Thanks all! Unfortunately I had already found both of those videos, neither of which helped very much.
I grabbed a PDF as suggested and that helped point out 4 elusive bolts that were holding the whole thing on.
Got it now, and tranny cooler installed!
Thanks!

Where were these four bolts... I am also stuck with the grille being on and do not wish to take off the entire front bumper?

I already purchased two manuals online in attempt to figure this out, but the diagrams/instructions seem to skip right over this part or simply state to remove the entire bumper.

help needed!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the factory service manual chapter in pdf on the front end panels.

Attachments

• lExpy Gen3 Frontend Panels.pdf
    470 KB · Views: 60

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this post is old but can anyone tell my why the front bumper on this 17 expy I want to buy looks like the one on my 07? I thought they changed it and the pics I've found online show they did but not why this one looks different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230106_210413_Autolist.jpg
    Screenshot_20230106_210413_Autolist.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7

ldo0444

Reaction score
Logan, that looks like the front end of an SSV model of Expedition, also known as the police package. These usually, but not always, also have certain features like rubber flooring, and a column mounted shifter. I have a 2016 SSV with the same front end.BC3B9C21-7D28-42AA-8F9B-37C73E2DECD3.jpeg