How Many Miles Per Tank Do You Get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermario

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont know about city but I get 400 miles a tank highway.
I have a 1997 Expy 4x4, 5.4, 138k Original miles, just upgraded to accel coil packs and a K&N air filter (not the whole cold air intake, just the filter).

My brother has a 2001 Eddie Bauer, 5.4, about 30k+ miles on rebuilt engine, same Accel coil packs and k&n air fiter (not complete system) and he just got 400 miles highway also. We are about the same but havent checked out the city driving.

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
going to florida.....i got 325 miles per tank...maybe more...thats going to "e".

in city if i baby it i get same milage...over 300 miles a tank.

once i pushpedal...dog here and there....needle moves real fast.....lol:D

Reaction score
my 04 eddie bauer with the 5.4 i get 16 around town and around 21 freeway with a clod air intake and a raven muffler

OP
OP
C

cruzer076

Reaction score
You're running factory wheels and tires?

Not sure who you were talking to but yes I am running factory wheels 16's.

Also an update, I just got my emissions fixed,a sensor was the issue and the car runs so much smoother now. Also they replaced my gas cap and said my old one was broken not holding pressure. Just filled up and going to see what I get out of this tank, Last tank was 280 miles to the tank! I was so disappointed, hopefully this will be much better.

Shonk

Reaction score
Year | Motor size | Highway/City | Mods | Miles per tank
1998 5.4L 30% - 70% None 312

The computer says I get 11.9 miles per gallon, I've reset it and checked it several times always back to 11.9. My truck has over 145K on it and probably due some maintenance. But predominately I just drive him back and forth to work and on the weekends in a week I probably drive 100 miles so a tank lasts me a couple weeks.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2005/5.4l/flowmaster 40
i get around 400-450 per tank depending on wind
15-18 mpg on 89oct
but i run 24" wheels

367KIX

Reaction score
'03 Exp, 5.4L, stock except for the K&N Intake (which didn't make a difference with the mileage); Not sure on the total tank mileage but had a comment about seeing a huge difference in highway mileage (per the mileage computer), depending on speed. For speeds around 70-72, mpg is consistently about 20-20.5. For speeds around 75-80, mpg quickly drops to 15-17. I've observed this over the last year, with many miles of moderately hilly highway travel (highway between Denver and Col Springs). It definitely helps motivate me to slow up a little, which can be hard in CO when the speed limit is 75 mph.

Titus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2000 5.4 V8 K&N air filter (bone stock other than that) I'm getting roughly 300 mpt. I drive 5 minutes to and from work daily.