How much did you pay for your Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadow460

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$2150. It needed an AC compressor, transmission service, front end rebuild, CD changer, front bumper, and tons of little bitty stuff when I got it. I did all of that except the AC (I am certified and capable but just too lazy) and the actual alignment. I rebuilt the front end myself, and I did the tranny service myself.

I just did the very first upgrade to it: installing factory fog lamps.

AskMeLater

Reaction score
$5500+ttl in April 2014. Had about 155k miles on it. Already had 18" F-150 wheels. Probably could have (should have?) talked dealer down a little bit, but we love our Expy!

Fastcat

Reaction score
$1300 for a 00 Xlt, cloth interior, awd, and 18" rims. It had 170k+ but it ran like brand new and drove like a dream. Never had any work done to it besides when a sparkplug came aloose. Bought it from the St louis impound auction.... this is an auction were they are no keys to any cars and the only thing u can do to it before u bid on it is look it over... big gamble high risk high reward.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my '97 for $400. yes..$400.

It had 274k on it and was really dusty and dirty inside from what I can only guess was from being used to haul push mowers/weed eaters around.

why I got it for $400? high mileage, needed all the maintenance except brakes and suspension (air suspension included, had new bags with receipt)

I had to replace: intake gaskets, metal pipe below the intake, spark plugs/wires, tires, ball joints, pitman arm, master cyl, headlight lenses, and left hand corner light. RR window was separated from the metal clamps that were GLUED on from factory. I also had to replace the front fenders and bumper that were damaged lightly along with the lf fender that was in pretty bad shape. for some reason the ac compressor and hoses were MIA, with a bypass pulley taking their place. I went to Georgia and got the fenders, bumper and ac compressor/hoses for $200. I charged it myself for just $75 (cost of R134) since I borrowed the stuff to vacuum and charge it. about 8k miles later the heater core popped and I got that changed another 4k later (today actually).

I still need to replace the radiator but leaving the rad cap loose has a bandaid over that that has caused no issue since I discovered the crack before I installed the ac compressor.

I am also having an ignition problem that I hope is just the drivers side coil pack going and not the truck eating a set of plugs every 20k miles.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2003 XLT 5.4L back in July for $4500 before service maintenance. Had 156k then and today I'm at 163k "technically" my first car I have owned outright and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cman1120

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my 2006 XLT for $8500 in September. 118k miles, immaculate interior and exterior and well maintained as a plus.