How much was it new? Dealing with an insurance claim...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bergerac32

Reaction score
Firstly, glad your wife is recovering and okay.
Secondly, I don't know the answer to your question but as an owner of a 2013 Expedition who drives around with her kids thinking she is in a solid car I can't imagine how hard your wife's car must have been hit for it to flip multiple times?! Did they work that out?

Your new Expedition looks cherry!

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You must be living under a very dark cloud.

I used to travel extensively for work, 30k miles a year or more at times, always in cities and always in traffic it seemed and flat out just a lot of really ****** drivers on the road.

Upside is aside from that rear end business I've essentially escaped any sort of injury. Even the giant u haul that hit me driver side I got out on my own and not a scratch other than some wicked seat belt marks and bruising.

OP
OP
69Rustang

69Rustang

Reaction score
Most folks haven't a clue as to dealing with Ins Co's.

This isn’t my first time to the dance. I actually work in the collision repair business so I am quite familiar with insurance stall, delay, and denial tactics. My wife has retained a personal injury attorney, but they do not handle the property loss. Therefore I am doing my due diligence and fighting for every penny I can here, the attorney is going to work on the injury side. Hopefully I don’t qualify as stupid, but maybe I do. Probably depends who you ask.

OP
OP
69Rustang

69Rustang

Reaction score
You're in the EcoBoost now, get the oil catch can and the vent hole for the intercooler, etc. Oil and spark plug changes are your friends now.

Hmmm, I may need to be educated here. Oil catch can? Are they notorious rear main seal leakers or something? Vent hole for the intercooler? Do tell.

BlueStangGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm, thank you for the reply. You actually gave me some interesting advice and may not know it—patience and persistence. We don’t need to settle quickly either, heck I can wait them out to get my price. We have already bought another Expedition and paid cash. So now I am waiting for their money to roll in, or trickle in anyway.

Meet “New Doug”, because Old Doug (The Beast) is dead (Thor reference—LOL). My wife hates calling it New Doug and is gong to call it Thor. On the other hand, my kids think the new name is hilarious. We found a low mile 2017 to replace The Beast with.

View attachment 38438
Congrats on the new Expy, looks real nice... love the 94-95 ragtop in the driveway, too!

outdare

Reaction score
If you saved your maintenance receipts you can turn those in to increase the value of the vehicle. I had a old truck get totalled. It was worth about $1,200. After the receipts for valve replacement carb etc. I was able to get closer to $2,800. So anything can add to the value.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

JKH13

Reaction score
69 Rustang. Good day. The ins. companies goal is to keep your $ in their bank. I have owned a collision repair shop for over 40 yrs and have assisted many customers through this process. Now there are folks who do only this type of service. I would strongly recommend Billy Walkowiak or his nearest to you. Collision Safety Consultants.US. He is a tremendous help to folks fighting for what is rightfully owed them. Best wishes. "Never trust those who owe you money for how much you are owed."

OP
OP
69Rustang

69Rustang

Reaction score
I know who Billy is—I was aware that he helped with post repair diminished value claims, but did not know he helped with total loss valuations. Thanks for the reply!