How Secure is SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you turn it off, it asks you if you want all sensors or perimeter only. Choose perimeter only and it will ignore the internal sensors. There is no way to default it to that option that I'm aware of so you would have to do that each time you get out.
With sync 4 you can choose the default in the menus and it will not ask every time, unless you want it to.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With sync 4 you can choose the default in the menus and it will not ask every time, unless you want it to.
Yes I do remember that now. Been a while since I was in that menu. Good correction.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
I would consider a kill switch. Interrupting the interlock for the brake is my next project. Smash and grabs are hard to prevent, and if they really want it they will tow it.

From what I’ve read the ford sync location/gps is the first thing the pros disable to prevent tracking. And AirTags are kind of a joke. The only useful way to use them is to disable the speaker and then hide it extremely well. But it will tell the nearest phone it’s traveling with them so it kind of defeats the purpose as a “tracker”.

Also if you really want to slow the thief’s down, put your key fob in a faraday bag/box to prevent them from trying to extend/boost your fob.

These are for probably good measures for pro thief’s and not just joyriders.