How to add water to the battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Expedition and the battery seems to be sealed as it has stickers over the fill caps. Does this mean it is a sealed battery and I am not to add water? Thanks!

OP
OP
R

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When it dies can it be replaced with an Interstate battery from Costco or do I have to go to the dealer and get the same battery as now?

MostlyHarmless

Reaction score
When it dies can it be replaced with an Interstate battery from Costco or do I have to go to the dealer and get the same battery as now?
As long as it has the same amp ratings for cranking etc then you can get any male you want. But the auto start on our cars places a massive strain on the battery so thinking you can save a few bucks on a budget brand will be a false economy

Mark

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just make sure what ever you get is maintenance free. That way you will avoid all the corrosion issues that came with the old style wet cell battery that you ad water to.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That and they changed the size. It's a group 94 reversed terminal now. Looks like a full sized Mercedes battery, grp 49. Guess they need the extra oomph for the constant use of starter at stop lights.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I buy my batteries at NAPA I get their Legend AGMs.
I had my wife’s wet cell battery explode in her Highlander. The battery cable terminals were fused to the battery posts. I had to soak them for 3 days to get unfused. Cleaning the engine bay was a nightmare too.
No more wet cells for this guy ever.
I did not know Motorcraft was making AGMs. When it is time for a new battery in my Expedition I’ll take a look and compare to the NAPAs.