How to disconnect MAF electrical cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John M

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a 2017 Ford Expedition XLT and I'm trying to get familiar with everything.
One thing I would like to be able to do myself is to change the air filter.

I have read the manual and searched YouTube for videos on how to do this. On all the videos there is a red locking clip. I don't have that.

My problem is I cannot find the locking clip to disconnect the MAF electrical cable.

Below are pictures of my MAF electrical cable.

I would be very grateful for any help learning how to disconnect this cable.

MAF - Bottom.jpg MAF - Left Side.jpg MAF - Right Side.jpg MAF - Top.jpg Manual - Page 261.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 - purchased new.

The illustrations and instructions in my vehicle owner’s manual are incorrect (apparently as is yours too).

The connector is very easy to remove. If I remember - just push on the side of the connector (your second picture), wiggle a little and pull the connector out. Once you do it, it seems to be much easier than the incorrect Ford instructions in the manual.

I’m amazed the Ford still had the wrong illustrations and instructions in the manual two years after my 2015 model.

Good luck.

OP
OP
John M

John M

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it. I'll try it in the morning and let you know how I make out.

OP
OP
John M

John M

Reaction score
I hope you enjoyed it. I've been living here since 1978. It's changed a lot since I first got here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01