How to replace passenger airbag inflator module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bates12expd

Reaction score
Hey all,
Has anybody ever replaced the passenger airbag inflator module? I saw a thread here about "not to put your feet on the dash" as it will crack the dash module. I'm not sure when or how it happened, but I noticed yesterday that our module has a big crack in it.

From searching Ford parts it looks like it is part #AL1Z-15044A74-AE. I'll attach a picture as well. Anybody ever replaced one? It's unfortunate that it is $300 bucks, but trying to determine how hard it is to change.

Any help is appreciated.

airbag.png

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recall a prior post on this forum about replacing this cover - but I didn’t bookmark it.

You may want to do a search.

OP
OP
bates12expd

bates12expd

Reaction score
I recall a prior post on this forum about replacing this cover - but I didn’t bookmark it.

You may want to do a search.
Thanks. I tried searching for airbag already, but didn't get many results. I just tried again and found a couple items of interest.

I'll dig further and see if they are what I need.

Last edited:

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all,
Has anybody ever replaced the passenger airbag inflator module? I saw a thread here about "not to put your feet on the dash" as it will crack the dash module. I'm not sure when or how it happened, but I noticed yesterday that our module has a big crack in it.

From searching Ford parts it looks like it is part #AL1Z-15044A74-AE. I'll attach a picture as well. Anybody ever replaced one? It's unfortunate that it is $300 bucks, but trying to determine how hard it is to change.

Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 32872
No feet on the dash isn't to protect the module. Its to keep the airbag from folding the passenger like a deck chair if "shit happens".

OP
OP
bates12expd

bates12expd

Reaction score
No feet on the dash isn't to protect the module. Its to keep the airbag from folding the passenger like a deck chair if "shit happens".
Truth. This made me laugh. :happy175:

I think I may try to just throw a little super glue along the crack to keep it from spreading. Is what it is and not worth $300 to me at this point to replace the airbag.