How to tell if 2012 Exp has heavy duty tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renobbq

Reaction score
How cant tell if a 2012 Exp has the heavy duty tow package and rear load levelers?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at the hitch. If it has the 7 pin connector it has the HD tow option. Not sure about the leveling system. I would think if it has rear air bags it has the leveling system.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look under the back. If it has the self leveling there will be air bags. No coil springs. Also you will hear the compressor run every now and then. Mine runs after I fill the gas tank. You can look for the compressor under the passenger side headlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obonaven

Reaction score
Look at the hitch. If it has the 7 pin connector it has the HD tow option. Not sure about the leveling system. I would think if it has rear air bags it has the leveling system.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Not necessarily true. I have a 7 pin connector (that I added) and I don't have the HD tow package.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. I have a 7 pin connector (that I added) and I don't have the HD tow package.

Always one.....:rofl:

I added the 7 pin connector to mine as well. But it's not the Ford style. It's an easy way to check most of the time.