Icon vs Kings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Kings and they are offering a suspension package now. The price is very close. Any opinions on which one is better.
Also the Border Patrol has expedition with the Kings.

Kings- total shipped no upper control arms = 4000.00

Icons- total shipped with upper control arms= stage 2 = 4200.00

LGE_CTS_motors

Reaction score
Icons are valved and set up to match the vehicle. Kings are great but the do need to be dialed in and they're excellent as well.

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Kings and they are offering a suspension package now. The price is very close. Any opinions on which one is better.
Also the Border Patrol has expedition with the Kings.

Kings- total shipped no upper control arms = 4000.00

Icons- total shipped with upper control arms= stage 2 = 4200.00

Can bare spending 4 grand for some metal tubes and springs. Not unless you live off the grid and this is solely an off-road vehicle. That’s insane amount of money

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Robert McMillan we can thank the Raptor for the excessive suspension technology... It's not for everyone but once you experience what is possible it's hard to ignore.

@Brian Underwood
If your truck is DD I'd stay Icon. I haven't seen the specs on the Expi king kit but if there are bypasses king bypasses are quite noisy and they click everytime they start to compress, ie hit any sort of bump. Icon and fox are much quieter.

Nice shocks are great but anyone know if there is a shop working on a hydro bump stop kit? It's still relatively easy to over drive the suspension without them. It's what caused "frame gate" when the raptors first came out. I'll have to go take a look at the stock setup when the rain lightens up...

Last edited:
OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I ask the rep about the bumpstop but he said they dont have a kit for expedition. He said they have a bumpstop that I would have to weld and make a bracket for it.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
ARB-BP51s on my 4runner ruined me for life on upgrading suspensions on trucks. Going down at Fort Fisher NC and driving on the beach with no worry in the world about getting stuck. Running 50 miles an hour over whoops and wash border is amazing. Then going home in the smokey mts and having no trouble with the terrible forest service roads to camp and fish with my 5 girls is what dreams are made of. That's the reason in asking because I loved my 4 runner setup but baby girl 4 need a place to ride so we went with the expedition.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never seen kings show up in a box that did not need to be tuned. Are they telling you they have them set up for the Expy? Do they have Comp/rebound adjustments? What’s the ride height adjustments? If you spent most your time off road it’s “Good To Be King”. Everything else Icon is more then enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
The lift adjustment is 2inch in the front and one inch in the rear. Fuzzy they are specifically made for the Expedition. They started making them because the Broder Patrol requested the shock for thier needs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire