ID a lift. 07 EL XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here. Actually first Ford i've owned. Not new to wrenching or forums. This EL I picked up obviously has a lift on it, at least in front. i can definitely see the strut spacers in the front. What i'd like to know is how to tell if the rear is lifted or if its just a "leveling" kit. Are there some baseline measurements for stock vehicles, like height from ground to rockers or top of fender or something?

Thanks. No, I didn't search

drokmofo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the rear shocks look factory? Do they have any stickers on the shock body or part #? What size tires? Post a pic

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I crawled under it at lunch. Looks like it's just a front leveling kit. Rear looks stock k. I measured the front spacer at 1.75", sound right? Front top fender lip is 38" from ground, rear top fender lip is 36" from ground.

OP
OP
D

DD31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ended up pulling the spacers out. Now it sits level. So I'm assuming either the stock rear springs have settled or the EL sits level to begin with.

Are these spacers something someone might want, or should I just toss them in the trash?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much time and effort did it take to dump the spacers?

Did handling improve?

Do you need a new alignment or anything afterwards???