Idle Air Control Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ltmark

Reaction score
Desperately trying to find vacuum leak! One method suggested is to blow smoke into system via small hose after blocking off intake. Was happy and thought I had it until I realized all the smoke was coming out via (what I believe is a small bypass/vent on the back side of the IAC) Is that a "cap" a one way valve, so in practice, during IDLE operation, NO AIR CAN ENTER and create a leak or does that cap have to somehow be plugged to perform a smoke test?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What dtc codes are you getting? Did you check fuel pressure? If smoke test not working, you could always try old school spray or propane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

ltmark

Reaction score
NO CODES PRESENT. Since replacing the IAC, it idles much smoother, but I still feel a little stumble and definitely feel a slight miss/hesitation when accelerating at lower speeds. I rest the memory so I have to drive a little to see what the long term trims are doing. As indicated before, Bank 1 was lean and Bank 2 rich!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's high it should be 42-43 lbs. check your fuel pressure regulator. Pull vacuum hose if any fuel come out replace regulator. If regulator is working proper your fuel pressure reading goes up 5 pounds or so.. I have a 2000 expy that runs between 35 to 41, depending on key off/ running. Are you getting fuel smell/ dark color Exaust?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looked up specs. Yours should be 35psi plus or minus 5. Basically 35 to 41psi.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your expedition? I looked up 2005 I think, that's A 3 valve. My 2000 expedition is 41 psi max. Maybe yours is right then. Anybody else want to comment on this.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I stand corrected it seems like your SUV does run higher. 55 is not high.