Infamous Roof Channel Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjwisinski

Reaction score
Hi All, I am gearing up to repair the roof channel. Found some cracking in the seam sealer and there is some water getting in near the top corners of the windshield. I am going to remove the windshield and roof rails, strip the entire roof and roof seams, and do it right. The "doing it right part" is what I want to make sure of. Below are a couple of questions I have:

Do you need to prime below the seam sealer in the roof channels or do you put the sealer on bare metal?
What seam sealer is the best out there, I only want to do this once.
I was thinking about using POR15 on the entire roof and then painting over it. Also contemplating the bedliner route, I would like some suggestions.
What is the best way to remove the windshield? I have done it before with the cutting wire method, is that the easiest way?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Carl Norgaard

Reaction score
Check for water leaking on the body control module. It's in the dash over top of the steering column. It's $1,000 to replace and you're dead in the water if it goes out. The lousy windshield sealant was another of Ford's "cost reductions".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire