Info on back of drivers liscence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10sne1

Reaction score
I bought a new Expedition Max 4 months ago. Just got a text from the dealer asking for a copy of the back of mine and my wife’s drivers license?
why would a dealer want or need this?
Thanks

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a new Expedition Max 4 months ago. Just got a text from the dealer asking for a copy of the back of mine and my wife’s drivers license?
why would a dealer want or need this?
Thanks

Did you ask the dealer?

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Endorsements/restrictions/requirements (or lack thereof)
Hand controls, hand brake, left foot gas pedal, etc.
A total guess, but, that is the only stuff on the back of my PA license...

Plati

Reaction score
Excellent question to ask the Dealer who requested it. Why?

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I once had waiter request my license so he could take it the the bartender when I ordered a drink in a diner. I of course asked what the hell for I’m in my fifties? He said they were looking for alcohol restrictions on license. Some lawyer must have sued them for serving his client with a restriction. Not sure what the dealer wants it for????

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I once had waiter request my license so he could take it the the bartender when I ordered a drink in a diner. I of course asked what the hell for I’m in my fifties? He said they were looking for alcohol restrictions on license. Some lawyer must have sued them for serving his client with a restriction. Not sure what the dealer wants it for????
Alcohol restrictions on a driver's license?

Wow, surprised that is even a thing...

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IDENTITY ALERT!! Ignore anyone asking for a copy of your drivers license.
There are bar codes on the back that can contain more information about you than on the front and can open you up to identity fraud. There is no reason for someone to request your drivers license other than for identifying that you are you by comparing your picture to you. The only other reason is if a peace officer requests it and he should have a reason for that also. I have been asked before at the doctor, hotels etc. to let them make a photo/copy of my drivers license. I will not allow them to make a record of it for I do not have any way of knowing what can happen to that record they have in the future. I will let them look at it for verification purposes only otherwise I take my business elsewhere.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't care why they want it. I wouldn't send it. My car insurance agency sent me a form asking me to sign a waiver denying a $1M liability policy. It's not from Erie (my insurer); it's from the agency. Straight into the trash. They have called me, repeatedly, asking for this signed form. Not happening. Why? There is no legitimate legal reason why I MUST sign this so no, you can't have it. Bye, Felicia.