Information Center too dim to read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
During the day I can just barely read the info on the Information center. That little LED read out that tells you MPG, door ajar, miles to empty, etc. It's really dim. When I turn the headlights on, it goes to night mode and gets even dimmer, but it's not a problem at night. I thought that little wheel rheostat that controls the dome lights would control the brightness, but it does nothing to affect the brightness in the info center. Is there another adjustment somewhere that I don't know about?

03 Eddie Bauer

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 08 expedition, but it is not an LED display, they are actually gas discharge displays and they go dim with age. I spoke with Ford and they no longer sell that part, so it seems we are stuck with the dim display..

OP
OP
GaryH

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yep. Just live with it.

DJ04

Reaction score
During the day I can just barely read the info on the Information center. That little LED read out that tells you MPG, door ajar, miles to empty, etc. It's really dim. When I turn the headlights on, it goes to night mode and gets even dimmer, but it's not a problem at night. I thought that little wheel rheostat that controls the dome lights would control the brightness, but it does nothing to affect the brightness in the info center. Is there another adjustment somewhere that I don't know about?

I have the same issue, I never thought much about it but it is annoying. Nothing to be done though, apparently.