Infotainment and Heating Changes When I start Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southpawhd

Reaction score
I have had by 2022 Max XLT for one month and a week. Three days ago, my infotainment screen keeps changing from my radio screen to my Carplay screen at start-up, and refuses to stay on the screen I had it one when vehicle was shut off. Prior to this week, it stayed on the screen I had it set on. Any way to fix that?

And since day one, I turn on the dual climate control, set the passenger side at 70 and the driver side at 68. When I restart the vehicle, it defaults back to both at 68. Any way to keep them the way I set them? So frustrating to have to reset things back to what I want, not what Ford thinks I want.

The heat I can deal, but this infotainment crap will force me to consider dumping this vehicle.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had by 2022 Max XLT for one month and a week. Three days ago, my infotainment screen keeps changing from my radio screen to my Carplay screen at start-up, and refuses to stay on the screen I had it one when vehicle was shut off. Prior to this week, it stayed on the screen I had it set on. Any way to fix that?

And since day one, I turn on the dual climate control, set the passenger side at 70 and the driver side at 68. When I restart the vehicle, it defaults back to both at 68. Any way to keep them the way I set them? So frustrating to have to reset things back to what I want, not what Ford thinks I want.

The heat I can deal, but this infotainment crap will force me to consider dumping this vehicle.

Did the infotainment screen begin changing three days ago - but worked differently prior to that?

Have you read the owner’s manual thoroughly to see if there is one or more settings that can be changed, to provide you with what you want?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I posted about this on the sync 4 updates.
When it updated this week the system reset a bunch of things. Mine saw climate, dashboard, lighting, and infotainment settings (not audio or presets), be adjusted.

OP
OP
S

Southpawhd

Reaction score
Did the infotainment screen begin changing three days ago - but worked differently prior to that?

Have you read the owner’s manual thoroughly to see if there is one or more settings that can be changed, to provide you with what you want?

Yes, the screen worked "as normal" prior to three days ago. I usually keep it on the radio channel screen.

I did not notice anything in the owner's manaual, but did not review it again as it worked "as normal" prior to this recent blip.

OP
OP
S

Southpawhd

Reaction score
I posted about this on the sync 4 updates.
When it updated this week the system reset a bunch of things. Mine saw climate, dashboard, lighting, and infotainment settings (not audio or presets), be adjusted.

Argh! Why do they do this and completely change some things? Gotta wonder about software designers sometimes.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Argh! Why do they do this and completely change some things? Gotta wonder about software designers sometimes.
Regarding the update and HVAC issue, maybe all you need to do is go back and uncheck the setting that ties the zones together (I forget what they call it, but it's a soft radio slide button if I remember).

For the Carplay, I haven't seen a change - but maybe mine hasn't gotten the update yet. My general experience is that Carplay comes up when the phone has a Notification. Maybe check that you don't have unread voicemails or Messages when you connect?

OP
OP
S

Southpawhd

Reaction score
Regarding the update and HVAC issue, maybe all you need to do is go back and uncheck the setting that ties the zones together (I forget what they call it, but it's a soft radio slide button if I remember).

For the Carplay, I haven't seen a change - but maybe mine hasn't gotten the update yet. My general experience is that Carplay comes up when the phone has a Notification. Maybe check that you don't have unread voicemails or Messages when you connect?

I think you are on to something with the notifications on Carplay and iPhone. I cleared all notifications on my iPhone, but Carplay is still showing a missed call. I'll look into that more and what might be causing this odd notification.

For the HVAC, I do check the DUAL button to run them separately, but it unchecks itself when I restart the vehicle.

OP
OP
S

Southpawhd

Reaction score
I figured out how to clear all notifications, and it works fine ONCE. Now it keeps going back to Carplay. The random nature of the infotainment system is so frustrating.

Now when I use the steering wheel controls to change the radio station, it moves the infotainment screen to a different screen.