Injector missing pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOve04expedition

Reaction score
Hi.

I have misfire in cyl#1. I have changed plug, coil and even injector.. still misfire. My car (04 expidition 5.4) also drives on LPG. When LPG are ativated there are no misfires at all.. latest check I ran was with an noid-light.. that do not flash at cyl#1.. I have same voltage at #1 like the other injectors... but on the others the Noid-light flashes. It seems to me that I'm missing pulse at this cylinder.. and out of ideas how to futher proseed troubleshooting.
Anyone had this issue?
(I am from Norway)

TomB985

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the differences in configuration with your LPG conversion, but I imagine the injector wiring is very similar. I've attached the wiring diagram for my 04, and it looks like the PCM drives each injector individually. So if you're getting voltage at the injector without a pulse, I suspect you have a failing PCM.106599179.gif

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget to check the wiring harness as well.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you've got voltage but no pulse, check the wires as the others said. Do a continuity test. I'm betting you've got a broken wire or pin somewhere. You can buy the separate sections of wiring harness for the injectors. Check it out and let us know what you come up with.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Proceed very carefully. Do not apply power to any wires that connect to the pcm when they are connected to it. If you ignore this warning just make sure your test instrument is approved for use with ecm/pcm.

The pcm should be disconnected prior to checking continuity on the harnesses. Do not pierce the insulation with a probe or you will have issues later on with corrosion. I use small sewing needles inserted into the connector plugs as test points.

A multi meter doesn't respond fast enough to sense the pulses on the injectors or coils. If you wanted to test the circuit pulses with the engine running you will need an oscilloscope.

Diagrams are attached.

Attachments

• Engine Perf 1.pdf
    112.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Engine Perf 2.pdf
    95.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Engine Perf 3.pdf
    98.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Engine Perf 4.pdf
    100.9 KB · Views: 4

John Stephan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PCM is ground side switched pulse meaning that the pcm grounds the voltage to close the circuit. If your wiring is in tact it's the PCM. This is somewhat common.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker