Inspection "Not Ready Rejection"????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhudson12

Reaction score
I have a stock 2001 Expy XLT AWD 5.4. Ijust got it back from a new transmission beingput in and I have to get my inspection and tags now. When I took it for the inspection it said the "Catalyst" and "evaporative system" was "not ready" and was told to just drive the truck and bring it back. I drove another 60miles and still same thing? does anyone know how long i have to drive to get this to reset so it will pass the inspection?

Thanks

Daniel

Mikiedoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My question is why are they not ready?

Have you disconnected the battery recently?
Sometimes they take 20 miles to get ready , others take 100 miles to get ready. System ready means that it has cycled its testing enough times to be ready to give accountable results.

Give it a few more miles.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
its the # of starts , cool down and warm ups the evaporative system takes the longest to set drive it then go to auto zone and get it scaned to see if the PID'S are all comeing up. they will say ok or inc, inc is incomplete