Instrument Cluster Bulb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordson04

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Expedition and the bulb behind the fuel and engine temp blew. I have searched all over the web and various places and cant find which bulb I need to replace it with. Everything I can find is for older or newer expeditions and most call for a #74 bulb which is to big and will not fit in the plug. So which bulb size do i need?

jtbmjb

Reaction score
I have done this. It's really easy. Autozone has the bulbs. It a sylvania #24 (I think)
It's the smallest bulb they have. Don't ask at the counter because they won't know. Just go to the light aisle and find it.

jaydee427

Reaction score
I'll check for you later on this afternoon since my dash is dis-assembled. If I have an extra one hanging around, I'll even send it to you since I am here in Richmond.

jaydee427

Reaction score
I'll check for you later on this afternoon since my dash is dis-assembled. If I have an extra one hanging around, I'll even send it to you since I am here in Richmond.
Here's a photo of it, but sorry, don't have any extras.

CIMG5298.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fordson04

Reaction score
thanks yea i had it out...just wasnt sure of the bulb number

OP
OP
F

fordson04

Reaction score
K great thanks...was actually going to do that this weekend....now i know what to get

svtl919

Reaction score
I need to to replace onet of the bulbs on my dash as well do you need to remove the entire cluster to do this or can you get to it from behind? Any help would be great. Thanks for the bulb # info.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to to replace onet of the bulbs on my dash as well do you need to remove the entire cluster to do this or can you get to it from behind? Any help would be great. Thanks for the bulb # info.

Copied from the 05 service manual

Instrument Cluster Bulb
Removal and Installation

Remove the instrument cluster. For additional information, refer to Section 413-01 .
Remove the instrument cluster illumination bulbs.

To install, reverse the removal procedure.