Instrument cluster light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r34p3r88

Reaction score
I have a 2002 ford expedition and my instrument cluster illum lights for speedometer and rpm light is out i pulled the bulb and tried to replace with what the auto parts store said would fit and not even close. It says it needs 194 but its way to big the bulb I need looks like the bottom of a 73 and the top of a 24. I also found this it says it fits but idk at this point.It hasn't been going on and off it just went out and I need to know which bulb.

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 2002 ford expedition and my instrument cluster illum lights for odometer and rpm is out
The odometer being out is a different problem if it has been going on and off.

The odometer not working has been a problem but is easy to fix. (Especially if you already have the instrument cluster out)
You only have to resolder a couple of solder joints.

Go on YouTube and look up 02 ford expedition odometer fix. many videos on the fix

There is a member here who changed dash bulbs for led's and couldn't get to work so they changed back to the normal dash light bulbs. Look and see if you can find that thread because the bulb numbers are on that thread.

OP
OP
R

r34p3r88

Reaction score
Not finding that post also i edited it the odometer is fine but the light for the speedometer is out

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

r34p3r88

Reaction score
Got the exact bulbs he said and they don't work i used the factory sockets also idk if thats an issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: